Tuesday 1 May 2012

USS5 class of 2010

Got admitted into LSS5 in the year 2009 to proceed my Form 6. Then, got to know so many cool people and got so close. Males are like my brothers and females, my sisters. I must say that my relationship with them in the Lower 6 had not start to develop, only in Upper Six, we were so close. The board was Hans as Monitor, Penguin as assistant and me as the Treasurer. Hans sat at my left hand side and Tai would be on my right. Hans always sleep in the class especially Chemistry. Back then, our Form Teacher, Ms Wong was our Chemistry teacher and everytime Chemistry class gonna start, Hans would be telling me that he would be sleeping and asked me to cover for him. He would have his Chemistry book standing 90 degree on his desk and he slept behind the book. I of course did not tell anyone because we were sitting at the last row. Ms Wong thought that Hans was reading Chemistry with immense interest that he did not concentrate in her class. On the other hand, Tai is a bright student, he would only choose subjects to sleep on especially Maths and General Paper. Sitting next to Tai was Chua, a Chemistry-obsessed friend. I must say his Chemistry is better than mine. Sat next to the left hand side of Hans were Kishenthi and Mee Yee. Both were like a twin, always together wherever they went. To the toilet and to the foodcourt. In the 2nd row, lets start with Thava, the person who sat at the far left hand side, followed by Kin Mun, the friend with his constant laugh at perverted jokes. Then, our Penguin who was the only girl get sandwiched between boys. She found it awkward too sometimes but the feeling just fade when we got so close. penguin is currently at AIMST, going to do dentistry. Yay, next time free tooth treatment from her. Next to Penguin was Kelvin, the friend who fetched me to and from school. We live very near to each other and we always went back together. The advantage of sitting in his car was that you get to listen to so many K-pop songs and trendy clubbing songs. Next to Kelvin was Fox and Kah Loon. Both also very close to us and we constantly joke over perverted stuffs. Made the whole class laugh like hell until the next class would be wondering what happened. In the first row, lets start with Ean Yi, she was always with Cherry and then Eli. All 3 were from RPS aka Raja Perempuan School and made a trio. Same like Kishenthi and Mee Yee, the trio always go to the toilet and foodcourt together. Then, next to them was Peck Yee, the flower of the class. I must say, majority of the boys in the class had crush on her excluding me. Lolx. Now, she is happily attached to someone from the next class, a handsome one too. Next to Peck Yee was Nantaa and both of us had slight misunderstanding during those days so I will spare the story from being blogged. The last 2 girls sitting at the right hand side were Wei Yee and Jia Min. Both from JPP and were close too. Although our class isnt the world-class type and kinda hot especially in the afternoon, we remained in good terms and must say we were the world class students. Lol...the condition we were studying was not conducive, i must say. On the left hand side was windows painted black in colour because it was facing East and whenever the sun rises, we would be frowning and rushed to close the windows...sorta like vampires. Only afternoon arrived, we would open the windows and we never had our fan turned to the lowest speed. Our class was kinda isolated and the door was located at the rear right. Those days when moderator or teachers came into our class, we somehow din know and most of the time, we were caught making noise and when the stern look was given, we remained silence abruptly. I still remember my Biology teacher, Pn Alice and she loved to wear accessories on her wrist and ankles with little bells hanging. Her presence was the easiest to detect because whenever she came, we would hear bells ringing from far. The initially noisy class turned down the volume and Alice always find us quiet. Sometimes, she would begin the class with 'What happened? Why so quiet?". We just giggle and din tell her about the pre-telling-bell-jingling she was carrying. There were many funny moments back then. I still remember when Hans alerted Pn Rosnah, our General Paper teacher about the extended time she had for her class. He said loudly but not as loud to be audible by the teacher. He said 'Teacher, your period is over'. just after the sentence, Mee Yee and I looked straight into his face and all 3 started giggling in the last row. Hans couldnt stop laughing and I added 'How did u know her period is over?'. We just kept laughing and the teacher had no clue. Another event was that when the class had no teacher, we made noise and drew the attention of Pn Tan. We heard footsteps and all kept quiet, looked to the end of the class to see who was coming. It turned out to be the trio and all shouteh 'Cheh'...The trio was surprised to see their arrival was greeted by everyone in the class. Few minutes later, footsteps were heard later and Tai who was sitting next to me thought it was someone else playing prank on us. He shouted 'Sau pei la' (save it in Cantonese). This time, it turned out to be Pn Tan. She was standing there, understanding the language, she smiled a bit and the whole class burst out in loud laughter Tai's expression was like Oh shit! Not to forget Mr Karu, the strictest teacher in the school and everyone was afraid of him. In fact, he was a very nice teacher and helpful. He helped me to apply for university when I asked for his favour. Never once he turn down on the students. Then, Mrs Yee aka Pn Choong Sau Han. the best Chemistry teacher in Form 6. Armed with decades of experience, unfortunately, we did not get her as our Chemistry teacher. She was teaching USS2 Chemistry and the rate of passing in that class was the highest with the most number of students scoring As. However, the class paid the price of having endless additional Chemistry classes even on holidays. Not a bad idea i thought but my fellow classmates were grateful. Lolx. I must thank her because although she did not teach me, she offered help in Chemistry by lending me books. Those books were limited and she reserved one for me. I was so motivated after she did that. I promised myself to get an A for Chemistry otherwise hers and Ms Wong's hope on me would be thrown far far away, I din wanna disappoint them. During my trial, I got 4Bs and the pointer was not even 3.0. I was so discouraged back then but Mrs Yee got to know of my downfall, she came to me and said 'Dont get discouraged by your marks, its not final yet. U still have STPM ahead on you' Honestly, those were the touching moments I had back in Form 6. The teacher was motivating the student not to give up easily and I was so grateful that I experience it. It is invaluable even until now, I still think of Mrs Yee. Her motivation encouraged me and I strive for the best. The days came when we sat for our STPM, the 3rd hardest paper(public exam) in the world. When result was announced, I got 2A and 2A-, pointer of 3.84, not full 4.0. Fortunately, my Chemistry, i got an A and also General paper, thanks to Mr Karu and Pn Fauziah. Just a bit close to A for my Biology and Maths. Kinda let down Miss Lau (my Maths tuition teacher) but she was happy for my result, she said its good. Till now, i still miss my fellow teachers and classmates. Those were the best moment in my life even though we had to sit for public exam and the stress level was super high. I remember I couldnt bear the stress level that I cried when revising for Chemistry. Those days were gone and I miss my Form 6 team. I love you guys so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment