Sunday 8 July 2012

Proud of my Senior

A senior of mine whom I got to know since I was in Form 2 is graduating soon. His name is John. I first knew him when I was in Form 2 and he was in Form 5. We barely got in touch with each other and that was when he got transferred to St Michael from JPP for his Form 6 studies. He is a bright student and always score with flying colours in his examinations. Even when he was in St Michael, we barely talked maybe because we were not close enough. He sat for his STPM and I didnt really know what happened to him next. Just a few years ago, I contacted him via Facebook again. He told me he was in my current University, The National University of Malaysia and he was in Nutrition. And do u guys still remember when I was in diverged paths after I got to know what course I would be taking? I got Microbiology instead of Medicine. His fate was almost same to mine. He comforted me, telling me that he was devastated too when he got Nutrition instead of Pharmacy. He even applied Pharmacy in UCSI and passed the admission test but finally gave in to Nutrition for he had financial burdens if he was to choose private university. Then, he got a JPA and the same goes to me. We are both JPA scholars. Sometimes, we chat in Facebook and got to know each other current condition. Just now, we chat again in Facebook and he told me he is going to graduate in this coming October. He is graduating with First Class Honour (CGPA kept a secret). His lecturer asked him if he wanted to skip his Master and continue his PhD in NUM. He agreed and is waiting for his lecturer to mail him the form. According to him, his lecturer asked him to apply to become a staff in NUM (a researcher assistant or lecturer's assistant, maybe) for half year and then NUM will be sending him to oversea for him to pursue PhD. Honestly, Im so happy and proud to know of his achievements. He is one great senior and Im definitely going to follow his footsteps. He made me proud as a Michaelian.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment