Wednesday 18 July 2012

My 5th Language

I wanna learn another language...Japanese. In my first sem of my first year, I took the Level 1 Japanese (Hiragana Class) and guess what? I scored high distinction for this subject...LOL..However, in my 2nd sem and my upcoming 3rd sem, the class for Level 2 clashes with my major subjects so I dint take it. However, I wanna master Japanese verbally so that the next time I go Japan, I need no translator. Im planning to work in Japan if I am given a chance. Japan's Microbiology is quite advance. Yakult came from Japan and it was because of Dr Minoru Shirota who found the Shirota strain and cultured it, bottled it and manufactured it as Yakult. Science in Japan progressed rapidly and a few well-known scientists are Japanese, one notable one Reiji Okazaki, from the word okazaki itself, you can relate him in the contribution to DNA. Currently, Im fluent in 4 languages verbally namely Mandarin, Cantonese, English and Malay. I decided to upgrade my linguistic capability. Japanese seems to be a good choice and it is undeniable that Japan is a strong power. Even in international airports like KLIA, you can see Japanese signboards, see how significant it is? Mandarin is progressing rapidly too as China emerges as new power in economy and politics. I will never neglect Madarin and Cantonese as they are my mother tongue and my root. I am simply seeking to broaden my knowledge by studying Japanese. No harm right? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment