Saturday 28 April 2012

Bryan~Rest In Peace

I have a friend, his name is Bryan Chee. Well, from what you read from the title, u already know that he is gone. I did not use 'I had a friend' because he is always my friend and him being in another world doesnt make any difference. Bryan was my schoolmate, we were never in the same class. From what I saw, he was a very cheerful, happy-go-lucky type of person. Whenever you talked to him, you will know that he had no evil intentions within him. Everything he said was crystal clear, no hidden meaning. Lol, one more thing I noticed was that he loved to gossip. Whenever he had a hot gossip, it was a norm for him to start his sentence this way 'Hey, I tell you ah...'. Really miss him. We were only in the same POL class (People's Own Language), studying Chinese and both of us were banana type and I would say he was a typical one. Whenever i conversed with him, he used only English, its hard to find him conversing in Chinese. We were not so close but I knew he was a naive and good friend. After graduated from Form 5, he went to private college and I resumed my Form 6. We kept in touch via Facebook. One day when I was around Gunung Rapat, I saw he learned how to drive in a small white Kancil and sitting next to him was the trainer. His face was so tense. When I saw him, I was both surprise and deep in my heart's core, I did laugh. Surprise to see him learning to drive after months of not seeing him and laughed at his tense look. After that, we contacted via Facebook again and he told me that he was studying in Australia. I, of course felt happy for him and we both caught up on each others' stories. Never did I know that was the last time I chat with him. After months of not contacting him, one day I was cruising Jaya Jusco Kinta City with my family and I saw Jeremy and his mother. I went over to say hi. Then Jeremy told me...
"Do you know that Bryan had passed away?"
"What? When?"
"Approximately a month ago"
"...How...?" I was so speechless to hear the news...
"I have no idea myself"
After that, we both bid farewell to each other, i still retained the shocked look and I told my parents about Bryan's sudden departure. My parents comforted me. I still remember my mother told me
"Son, I know how you feel...I went through the same thing...I had a friend and we were very close but when we both got married and moved to different places to live, we never contacted...one day I heard from another friend that she died...I was shocked and sad at the same time"
My mother was correct...I was both shocked and sad...I mean how come a nice guy like Bryan will leave so soon? My cruise in Jusco turned out to be moody, I was quiet and in my mind, I was just thinking my times with Bryan. How come I did not catch up his recent stories? What really happened?
When I reached home, I opened my lappy and logged into Facebook. I browsed his name and saw so many people condoled his family. It had been a month and I was clueless...I posted on the wall, somehow he would read, telling him how sorry I was to receive the news so late. Then, i read the comments and found out that he had heart attack. On the day he died, he was supposed to meet his friends for dinner but his friends waited for so long, his aunt called his friends, telling them Bryan died of heart attack. It was a sudden attack. Never did i know Bryan had this disease. I looked at his pictures again and he was fine and made lots of friends there. I was so sad to look at his pictures...at the same time, I was blaming myself for not contacting him and did not know about his death. I logged off and made my way to bed. I couldnt sleep, all I thought was Bryan and his smile, his grin. It was all so fresh in my memories, how he gossiped and laughed loud later on. I could not believe this person had gone. I recalled seeing him in the small white Kancil and I blamed myself for laughing at him that time. Never did i know the last time I saw him was his driving lesson. Suddenly, tears rolled down my cheeks. I was breaking down for his departure. I sobbed and gasped for air and each time I did, it was getting louder. Since my parents were sound asleep, I did not want to wake them up. I went downstairs and saw my younger sister playing Facebook. I broke down in front of her and she felt sorry too. After that, I went upstairs, closed my eyes and tried to sleep. That night, when I closed my eyes, I saw Bryan's face with a grin. The next day, I remained quiet in the office-the part time job. Colleagues asked what happened and I told them, they felt sorry too. I was moody the whole day...things got better as time passed. I never had the chance to visit Bryan in cemetery because I was preparing for Uni admission. I wish to see him again and tell him how kind-hearted he is (always be). Bryan, if u happened to read this, I wanna let you know how you made my life delighted. Whenever I thought of you, I will remember your grin and your eyes made small when you laugh. Have i ever told you, you opened your mouth so wide when you laugh. Keep it this way, Bryan. I wish that you are still laughing and gossiping in Heaven. I like the way you are because you are Bryan. I hope you have found peace and ascended the staircase to Heaven with grace. Rest in Peace, Bryan. I will always miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment